Words of gratitude
There are countless gracious people who have helped and supported this project in various stages of creation. Some of them are mentioned here.
- Jenny, without your honest and critical eye, Fargoer wouldn't be the same.
- Anne, your beautiful artwork has brought the world of Fargoer to life.
- Peitsa, your keen eye has made our translation project not only possible, but also of quality.
- Anthony, your input on the translation and edition has been extremely helpful.
- Miika, if marketing is your middle name, hard work is the first.
- Tuomo, thank you for the interior book design as well as introducing me to the interesting world of LaTeX.
- Hannu, Jaakko, Janne, Joonas, Juha, Mikko, Raija, Tero: you have encouraged me as a writer and read through all of the material I ever thought of pushing to you, thanks.
- Jari, even though I know you will not read this you are the inspiration behind my love of nature. Vierra would not exist without you.
- The good people of #praedor. Whenever I have a tricky question be it of stone-age tools of counting or whether vikings had shovels. I have the question and some of you always had the answer.
- The people of #poytalaatikko. A bunch of writers who never fail to encourage each other.
- And finally, thanks for all the strong women who I've met and who I know. You are the inspiration behind Vierra.
Sources of inspiration
I would like to list sources that have inspired the creation of Fargoer. Without these, it probably wouldn't exist.
- Roudan Maa by Wille Ruotsalainen. A roleplaying supplement (in Finnish) that gave me inspirations behind Vierra's world. You can find it by clicking here.
- UnReal World RPG, an excellent roguelike RPG set in a world like Iron Age Finland. I definitely recommend this to everyone interested in the setting and computer games. UnReal World homepage.
- Movie Ofelas (IMDb). Even with it's limitations this movie depicts bits and pieces of the cultures and world similar to Fargoer.